Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Posted by gkrishnan at 11:10 AM
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
- · Turtles can live for more than 100 years.
- · An elephant trunk has no bone but 40,000 muscles.
- · The cicada, a fly found in Africa, spends 17 years of its life sleeping; and only two weeks is awake during which mates and then dies.
- · The ant can lift things 10 times its own weight.
- · If your skin is laid flat it will cover an area of 18 square feet.
- · A Giraffe has the same number of bones in its neck as a man.
- · Ocean waves can travel as fast as a JET Plane.
- · The first drawings of a helicopter are nearly 500 years old.
- · A butterfly warms up its body up to 81 degrees Fahrenheit before flying.
- · A whale can swim for 3 months without eating.
- · A human being drinks 16,000 tons of water in a lifetime.
- · We blink 25 times a minute.
- · To melt away 1 pound of fat you will need to walk 34 miles.
- · The star fish is actually not a fish, its an animal. ( phylum : Echinodermate )
- · Male mosquitoes do not bite, so blame the females next time.
- · A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation.
- · The body's largest internal organ is the small intestine at an average length of 20 feet.
- · Oysters can change from one gender to another and back again.
- · The small intestine is 7-8 meters long, making it the largest organ inside the human body. The large intestine is only 1-1.5 meters long!
- · The largest lizard in the world is the Komodo dragon which reaches up to 3 meters and sometimes longer was named because of it's fiery tongue. It is often longer than a car